Thursday, April 21, 2011

RTI

Yesterday, today and tomorrow I am a RTI (Response To Intervention) aide for a reading program at an elementary school.  I am really appreciating this experience; it’s not easy though.  About 4-6 students from grades 1-5 come to a designated room for extra help in reading.  I am hoping that I will get to stay on subbing long-term there through the end of the year, but I’m not sure how it works.  I’ve emailed the substitute coordinator for the district and am waiting to hear back.  The other aide said she would love to get the same person in there every day, so hopefully.

Also I talked to my adviser at Hope today.  I have registered to take the last two CSETs, Subtest I (Reading, Language, Literature; History & Social Science) and Subtest II (Math and Science) on July 9th.  If I pass I could get in to student teaching for Module 2, around Oct but I’m not pushing or pressuring myself.  If I don’t student teach till Spring that’s okay… in fact I don’t know when I’ll student teach and I’m not worried about it.  I found out that I have several options to complete my student teaching.  My current goals are to find a job and pass those tests!!!  I know how scarce the teaching jobs are, so pray for me; I’ll be looking everywhere, public and private.

No comments:

Post a Comment